Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Going Traditional with a Twist



If you think traditional wear is boring and old fashioned then think again.....
it doesn't necessarily have to be so.


Try experimenting with unconventional styles, fabrics and colour combinations. Put your creative gears into motion and start having fun mixing....matching and going totally crazy.


Last month I was in Bangalore for my cousin brother Jeethu and my brand new bhabhi Asha's wedding.
While shopping for the wedding, I searched all over for an outfit that I would love. However, most of them were either outrageously overpriced or just not my style so I decided why not make one of my own with the fabrics I like, trims I adore and the colours I love....
 And the result....see for yourself !!!




I am completely in love with this lehenga choli comprising of a velvet blouse....tulle lehenga and a chiffon dupatta all finished with velvet and gota laces, flowers and beadwork. 
Check out the pretty little hangings on the side my lehenga.

When I told Suhani (my sister) that I wanna make an outfit in shades of fushia, ivory and lush green....she started laughing and thought I was going crazy.
I'm sure she felt differently after seeing the finished product







Notice my accessories.... I chose this beautiful pearl and flower necklace, statement ring and lac bangles which really compliments the colours of my outfit.  
I call it understated elegance !!!

Lemme know what you guys think about this look ...and do write in your suggestions and feedback
Photographs courtesy Suhani Dubey and Thilak Rao
xoxo....S


4 comments:

  1. you have a very unique/different taste when it comes to fashion.
    nicely done.
    wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had designed it.. Awesome stuff! You should do more! Come over to Bangalore and design something for me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sushant...thnx.. tht is such a sweet compliment

    ReplyDelete
  4. @La Mariposa...My next Bangalore visit is gonna take some time...but I will surely design something for u as well

    ReplyDelete